Dear friends of art,
The year 2022 also seems to be marked by the Corona pandemic. With all the security measures we are willing to take to protect ourselves and our loved ones, we cannot help but long for human contact and experience it in new ways. Distance may separate us physically and temporally – but it is never capable of completely dissolving our connectedness to each other unless we allow it. We experience connectedness in shared impressions, sensations, thoughts – and in a shared smile.
Dao Droste is an artist who has dedicated her life’s work in the form of paintings and sculptures entirely to connectedness. However, this concerns not only the people among themselves, but in the sense of Taoism the world as a whole – people in harmony with nature and with each other.
We therefore cordially invite you to take a look at this exhibition and perhaps have a smile put on your face.
On the day of the opening, do not miss the opening concert: Klara Herkenhöhner (flute) and Gotthard Kladetzky (piano) present works by F. Poulenc, T. Nikolajewa, E. Humperdinck, F. Liszt, G. Fauré and S. ProkofjewK
Important: Please register if you would like to attend the vernissage. You can find the registration below.
05 February 2022
Musikstudio & Galerie: Gabriele Paqué
Gallery open from 3 pm
Klara Herkenhöhner (flute) and Gotthard Kladetzky (piano) present works by F. Poulenc, T. Nikolajewa, E. Humperdinck, F. Liszt, G. Fauré and S. Prokofjew
Admission: A donation of min. 15,- € is requested.
More information and registration for the concert can be found here.
17:00: Opening of the exhibition with the artist
Wir bitten um folgende Nachweise:
– Proof of a triple vaccination against Covid19 or
– Proof of a double vaccination and a daily updated test or
– Proof of recovery from a Covid19 infection and a daily updated test
Masks are mandatory!
You can find more info about the hygiene measures here.
Important: If you have problems registering, it may be because essential cookies have not been allowed by you. To change this afterwards, please scroll all the way down and click on “Cookie Einstellung“.
Works of the exhibition
Photos: Dao Droste
Photo of the exhibition “diesseits jenseits” (“this side beyond”) in the Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe (2006).
is a cosmopolitan, born in 1952 in a family with an artistic tradition in Vietnam and living in Germany. The ex-chemist (PhD), Taoist and versatile artist (painting, sculpture, installation and video art) opened her studio in Eppelheim near Heidelberg in 1987.
With her large-scale floor installation “Open-Mindedness” – a collection of 500 faces made of terracotta from 1999 – Dao Droste has made an international name for herself. In numerous exhibitions in historical settings such as churches, castles and fortresses, she inspires her audience with the diversity of her oeuvre, always combined with her intuition for the given architecture.
Man in harmony with nature and with himself – this is the ideal of the Taoist Dao Droste, the goal of existence and the great theme of her art. A deep human understanding, experience of nature and reflection on inner values thus find expression.
- 1. Award of the poster contest Ausländerrat der Stadt Heidelberg, 2001.
- 1. Award of the sculptur contest Kunstforum Forst , 2013.
- B.A.U.M. Umweltpreis – Kategorie Kultur und Medien , 2015
- “Köpfe am Korber Kopf 10”, 2016, 1. place favorite
1999-2021: Projects, main works
Her large projects “Open-Mindedness” (1999) and “Terra cantans” (2002), floor installations with 500 clay faces and 150 heads were shown in several places in Europe.
- “diesseits jenseits” (2006) 3rd floor and sound installation with 84 terracotta busts for the first time in Neuenbürg Castle/Landesmuseum Karlsruhe and in the crypt of the Stadtkirche Karlsruhe.
- “Spirit of Water” (2002), “The Spirit of Nature” (2009) black light installation.
- “Reise eines Endoskops” (2003) video installation.
- “3 Altäre im Chinagarten” (2007) Mannheimer Luisenpark.
- “Die Seele des Lotus” (Heinrich-Pesch-Haus, Ludwigshafen, 2010)
- “ARTenvielfalt” (SusCon 2010, Nürnberger Convention Center, UNO Konferenz 2011)
- “Über dem Lotossee“, Rapunzel 2014, Castle Lautrach 2015, dedicated to the topic of “sustainability”.
- OWA: Bronze statue “one-world-award” (since 2008, the 6th award ceremony 2021, international awards for future makers for their commitment to a better world.).
- Städtische Galerie Reutlingen
- Chapelle Salpêtrière, Paris
- St. Pierre le Jeune, Strassburg
- Christ Church College, Oxford
- Stadtkirche Karlsruhe
- Dominikanerkloster, Frankfurt
- Antico Castello sul mare, Rapallo
- Goethe-Institut Inter-Nationes Nancy
- Schloß Mochental, Ehingen/Donau
- Veste Coburg
- Villa Streccius, Landau / Haus Maikammer
- Festung Rosenberg, Kronach
- Wasserschloss Bad Rappenau
- Convention Center Nürnberg, “ehemaliger Bundestag” Bonn
- Schweizerische Triennale der Skulptur, Bad Ragaz
Works by Dao Droste can be found in private and public collections in Germany, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, England… and in the USA. (e.g.)
SAP, Walldorf – Roche Diagnostics Graz – BG Unfallklinik Ludwigshafen – Haus der Bauindustrie Bremen-Nordniedersachsen – Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe – Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe – Museum am Ginkgo, Carl Bosch Museum, Heidelberg – City of Dammarie-les-Lys – City of Eppelheim – Foundation of the Swiss Triennial of Sculpture Bad RagARTz – The larger-than-life statue “One World” (world premiere at the 64th UN Conference, Bonn, 2011) embodies the life-giving power of “Mother Nature” and the “harmony of man with the earth” (Fa. Rapunzel) – Anniversary sculpture “Movement” of the company Lebensbaum, Diepholz (2019).
I am looking forward to your visit!
Note on parking!
Parking in Bonn-Poppelsdorf, about 10 minutes walk from Blücherstraße!
Current exhibition: Dao Droste – Connectedness
On Saturdays the gallery is open from 14:00 – 18:00.
By telephone arrangement, the exhibition can also be visited at other times.
Blücherstr. 14, 53115 Bonn, Germany