3D virtual tour through the exhibition:
To open it, click on “Inhalt laden”. You can view the tour in full-screen mode by clicking on the menu button (three horizontal lines in the middle at the bottom of the window) and then on the enlarge-image-button (first button on the right).Provided by TV-Künstlerkanal If the tour does not load (problem with Microsoft Edge browser), you can alternatively click here.
Dear friends of art,
It is our great honor to present you the painter Giovanni Pelliccioli (1947-2016) with the exhibition Beyond the Realms of Thought.
As a representative of Surrealism, Pelliccioli successfully exhibited his works throughout Europe and the USA. Raised in simple circumstances, but a loving home, he developed his passion for art in his early childhood. During the first years, and while attending the Accademia Carrara in Bergamo, Italy, his style changed as he experimented with different theories, techniques and ideas. He turned to oil painting at the age of 17 and after a brief impressionistic period discovered Surrealism: he had found his calling.
Pelliccioli’s work continued to evolve and is often categorized into three main periods. The 1° surrealistic period was characterized by paintings whose subjects were mostly inspired by surrealistic painters such as Magritte, Salvador Dalì, Max Ernst, Yves Tanguy… The paintings of the 2° surrealistic period introduce the first signs of Giovanni Pelliccioli’s own Surrealism, when he gave birth to new spiritual conceptions and new symbolic object leitmotivs. With his 3° surrealistic period, the artist introduced a few innovative ways of expression. In fact, it’s the most creative period of his career, irony being the main theme. This is also the time when the artist started to use new materials, such as wood, metal, glass and other natural objects (leaf skeletons, stones) which gave to his works a new sculptural dimension. The « trompe-l’œil » effect also becomes a recurring game. When he moved to Antibes (French Riviera) in 1993, Pelliccioli created the “triangle”: a diagonally cut painting with three-dimensional character. A prolific painter, Pelliccioli completed over 2000 oil paintings.
For this exhibition, a selection of over 40 paintings has been assembled, offering a broad overview of his artistic work. We are looking forward to welcoming you and inviting you to a journey into a world between dream and reality.
The exhibition can be visited until 15.07.2023 always on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 14:00 and 18:00.
We are also delighted to welcome again the pianist and daughter of the artist Ida Pelliccioli in our gallery. For the exhibition opening she has prepared an exciting program titled “Introspections” with works by J. Sibelius, J. Brahms. F. Busoni, L. Janáček and S. Rachmaninov. More details about the concert and registration can be found here.
Exhibition duration: 22.04. – 15.07.2023
Wednesdays and Saturdays from 14:00 to 18:00 (on concert days until 17:00)
22 April 2023
Musikstudio & Galerie: Gabriele Paqué
Gallery open from 15:00 h.
15:30 h: Concert
Ida Pelliccioli (Klavier) presents “Introspections“: works by J. Sibelius, J. Brahms. F. Busoni, L. Janáček und S. Rachmaninov
Admission: 20,- €
For more information and to register for the concert, click here.
17:00 h: Opening of the exhibition
Special opening of the exhibition on 23.04.2023 between 12:00 and 16:00.
Works of the exhibition (selection)
Giovanni Pelliccioli was born in San Pellegrino Terme (Italy). He starts drawing at 10, and soon after, starts painting – still life and landscapes. At 18, he attends the Art School of the Academy Carrara in Bergamo. At 21 he discovers surrealism, a style he’ll never give up, and begins his professional career.
During his life, he presented about 120 personal exhibitions in Europe. He is a registered artist in the major museums in the world.
“It is impossible, perhaps even blasphemous to comment an artwork. Only the eyes and a certain mental attitude can allow us to be placed in front of a canvas. The word is not only arbitrary, but insulting and ridiculous, and it always risks to overlap what the canvas can express. As always, my engagement is to create poetry with a touch of irony, to cause a positive emotion and cheer the spirits. The fantastic, the dream, the sense of not logical, are simply a free interpretation of our being.”
SINGLE EXHIBITIONS (selection)
- Nicole Sandor Gallery (Fontgombault Loire), France – 1990
- Hotel Excelsior S. Marco (Bergamo), Italy – 1990
- Parish Recreational Center (Mozzo), Italy – 1993
- N.P. (Antibes), France – 1993
- Hotel Martinez (Cannes), France – 1994
- Les Beaux Artes Gallery (Düsseldorf), Germany – 1994
- De Carmes Gallery (Rouen), France – 1995
- N.P. (Paris), France – 1995
- Hotel Holiday Inn(Frankfurt), Germany – 1996
- Interior-Galleriet (Oslo), Norway – 1996
- Musée Naval Napoleonien (Antibes), France – 1996
- Exposition Salo BMW (Usingen), Germany – 1996
- Les Bain Douches (Antibes), France – 1999
- Chateau du Pont de la Meurthe (Nancy), France – 1999
- Chateau de Trousse Barriere (Orleans), France – 1999
- Centro Parrochiale Mozzo (Bergamo), Italy – 1999
- La conca verde (Ivrea), France – 2000
- EUR 2000 (Rome), Italy – 2000
- Centre International d’Art Modern (Nice), France – 2000
- Valpelline le lievre amoureux (Aosta), Italy – 2000
- Chateau de Saint Max (Nantes), France -2001
- Interior Galleriet (Oslo), Norway – 2001
- Amadeus (Sophia Antipolis), France -2001
- Sala Civica di Via Piatti (Ponte San Pietro), Italy – 2001
- Palazzo Boselli (San Giovanni Bianco), Italy – 2001
- Sala Civica Carlo Cattaneo (Curno), Italy – 2001
- Capella de Lourdes (Mozzo), Italy -2002
- Hotel Cappello d’Oro(Bergamo), Italy – 2003
- Chateau de Saint Max (Nancy), France – 2004
- Selvino, Italy – 2004
- Galleria Ponte Vecchio (Florence), Italy – 2005
- Interior Galleriet (Oslo), Norway – 2006
- Serina, Italy – 2006
- Chateau de Saint Max (Nancy), France – 2007
- Proloco (Piazza Brembana), Italy – 2008
- Mairie du 7e Arrondissement (Paris), France – 2009
- Casino (San Pellegrino Terme), Italy – 2009
- Museo della Valle (Zogno), Italy – 2009
- Monastero del Lavello (Calolziocorte), Italy – 2010
- Aeroporte Côte d’Azur (Nice), France – 2011
- Salon Tous a l’Art (Nice), France – 2011
- Artexpo (New York), USA – 2012
- Musikstudio und Galerie: Gabriele Paqué (Bonn), Germany – 2023
We are looking forward to your visit!
Note on parking!
Parking in Bonn-Poppelsdorf, about 10 minutes walk from Blücherstraße!
Current exhibition: Giovanni Pelliccioli – Beyond the Realms of Thought
On Wednesdays and Saturdays the gallery is open from 14:00 – 18:00.
By telephone arrangement, the exhibition can also be visited at other times.
Blücherstr. 14, 53115 Bonn, Germany