3D virtual tour through the exhibition:
To open it, click on “Inhalt laden”. You can view the tour in full-screen mode by clicking on the menu button (three horizontal lines in the middle at the bottom of the window) and then on the enlarge-image-button (first button on the right).
Provided by TV-Künstlerkanal
If the tour does not load (problem with Microsoft Edge browser), you can alternatively click here.
Dear friends of art,
It is a great pleasure for us to be able to exhibit the Bonn artist Milena Kunz-Bijno again after a long time. We expect again a colorful insight into her spirituality and philosophical world of thought. But we prefer to let the artist speak for herself:
Carpet of memory – The years colorful dress
I am turning 80 and look back on a rich, colorful and full life with light and shadow. I have traveled to many countries in the East and West and spent a lot of time in India. There I found an answer to the many questions about the meaning of life.
My suitcase is full of memories and colorful clothes. Life for me is a patchwork of impressions that I want to express in my collages. There are countless memories, but now they come together to form a whole. With the greater distance of the many years, it is more and more possible for me to see the unity that is hidden behind the diversity of experiences.
I assign small texts of poets and spiritual masters from all cultures and religions of the world to my pictures, in order to give the viewer an impression of the inspiration that moved me during the creation of my pictures. Although everyday life is sometimes difficult, my legacy is the message that life is a tapestry though sometimes with harsh contrasts that seem difficult to us, but in retrospect it is a tapestry full of grace.
And I look back with great gratitude.
Beforehand, a wonderful introductory concert by pianist Yili Niu awaits us with works by J. S. Bach, J. Haydn, F. Chopin, C. L. S. Chaminade and M. Ravel. A donation of min. 15,- € per person is requested. For more information about the concert, click here.
Important: Please register if you would like to attend the vernissage. Participation in the vernissage is free of charge. You can find the registration below.
30. April 2022
Musikstudio & Galerie: Gabriele Paqué
Gallery open from 3 pm
3:30 pm: Concert
Juan Carlos Arancibia Navarro (guitar) presents works by I. Albeniz, A. Barrios, J. Turina, F. Sor, F. Tárrega and C. Domeniconi
Admission: A donation of min. 15,- € per person is requested.
For more information and to register for the concert, click here.
5 pm: Opening of the exhibition with the artist
Info on the applicable hygiene rules and access restrictions can be found here.
Interview with the artist (in German)
Photos of the exhibition opening
Works of the exhibition
Milena Kunz-Bijno’s oeuvre is an interplay of both non-objective art and naturalistic components. Especially in her mixed media works and collages she combines seemingly contradictory techniques and finds her own style.
Deeply connected with her own biography, she implements elements of different cultures and their spiritual views in her paintings and sculptures. Born in Italy, the artist came to Germany, her chosen home, at the age of 21, after marrying a German diplomat. The marriage not only paved the way for her to study art in Bonn and London, but also took her on journeys all around the world.
For her, the frequent changes of location were not always easy but incredibly enriching. – She had the opportunity to get to know people and cultures, to build bridges. During that time she was able to sharpen her own view of the world and to broaden her horizons while getting to know her own spirituality. Kunz-Bijno travelled in “classical” Europe from Italy, to Germany and England, through France, to faraway South America and India. Especially her stay in India would have a deep influence on her work.Several series of works are dedicated solely to “her” India and how she perceived it.
She skillfully combines apparent opposites and unites them into a whole. Themes such as the contrast between “Eastern” and “Western”, light and dark accompany Milena Kunz-Bijno throughout her work. The theme of “light” draws like a red line through her pictures and the texts often attached to them. Her works want to show ways to the inside, want to be an expression of the eternal longing of man for light and God and spirituality. The question of where from and where to is reflected again and again.
Kunz-Bijno portrays herself as an artist who transcends boundaries – metaphorically by questioning opposites, faith and being, and physically by her permanent relocation and traveling.
- 1997 Malta Biennale First Price in Category Installation
- 1999 Malta Biennale Special Award for Installation
- Gemeinschaft Deutscher und Oesterreichischer Künstlerinnenvereine aller Kunstgattungen (Gedok), Bonn (GER)
- Bundesverband Bildender Künstlerinnen und Künstler (BBK), Bonn (GER)
- Promotrice delle belle arti, Turin (ITA)
- Society of fine arts and commerce, Valletta (MLT)
- 1965 Redoute, Bonn (GER)
- 1967 Chemould Art Gallery, Bombay (IND)
- 1968 Artist’s Center, Bombay (IND)
- 1972 Galérie St. Feréol, Marseille (FRA)
- 1974 Redoute, Bonn (GER)
- 1978 Instituto Italiano di Cultura, Bogota (COL)
- 1978 Pinturas (Paintings), Galeria Buchholz, Bogota (COL)
- 1980 Le Tableau, Turin (ITA)
- 1981 Kurfürstliches Gärtnerhaus, Bonn (GER)
- 1984 Kreishaus, Siegburg (GER)
- 1989 Frammenti (Fragments) ,Libreria Levrotto e Bella, Turin (ITA)
- 1989 Wanderung durch die Zeit (Walking through time), Rathaus, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 1989 FARBEN (und) ZEICHEN (Colours (and) Signs), Kurfürstliches Gärtnerhaus, Bonn (GER)
- 1990 Milena Kunz-Bijno – Malerei, Rathaus, Neunkirchen Seelscheid (GER)
- 1990 Christian Chapel, Museum of Religions, Puttnaparthi (IND)
- 1991 Und es war Licht (And there was light), Stadthaus, Bonn (GER)
- 1992 Il Libro (The book), Liberia Levretto e Bella, Turin (ITA)
- 1993 Milena Kunz-Bijno, Parlamentarische Gesellschaft, Bonn (GER)
- 1995 BlauTöne (Blue tones), Rathaus, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 1997 Il Ballo in Maschera (Masks and Music), Manoel Theatre, Valletta (MLT)
- 1998 Lines of Light, National Museum of Fine Arts, Valletta (MLT)
- 1999 Installation The Path of the Dervish, Museum of Modern Art, Cairo (EGY)
- 1999 WEGE (PATHS), Galerie L’Angelo, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2000 La Clessidra (The Hourglass), Frauenmuseum, Bonn (GER)
- 2000 Europäisches Patentgericht, Munich (GER)
- 2001 Angels in the Silent City, Cathedral Museum, Mdina (MLT)
- 2002 Milena Kunz-Bijno, Kunstverein Bad Godesberg e.V., Bad Godesberg, (GER)
- 2002 Das Wort (The Word), Galerie L’Angelo, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2003 Unterwegs – Bilder einer Lebensreise (On the road – pictures of a livejourney), Auswärtiges Amt – Aus- und Fortbildungsstätte, Bonn (GER)
- 2003 Zwischen Himmel und Erde, Akademie der deutschen Telekom, Bonn (GER)
- 2003 Universitätsclub, Bonn (GER)
- 2004 Galerie l’Angelo, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2005 Galleria La Fontana, Trevignano Romano (ITA)
- 2006 Les Visages de l’Inde (Faces of India), Centre Culturel – Christiane Peugeot, Paris (FRA)
- 2007 Les Visages de l’Inde (Faces of India), European Parliament, Luxembourg (LUX)
- 2008 I passi della vita (The steps of live), Galerie L’Angelo, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2009 Alchemie des Glücks (Alchemie of Happiness), Rathaus, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2011 Farbklänge (Colours and Sounds), Musikstudio und Galerie: Gabriele Paqué, Bonn (GER)
- 2012 Reise nach Indien (Jorurney to India), Kurfürstliches Gärtnerhaus, Bonn (GER)
- 2012 Rückblicke – Malerei (Retrospective – Paintings), Kunstraum, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2013 Lichtwege (Lightpaths), Evangelisches Zentrum für Diakonie und Bildung, Siegburg (GER)
- 2013 Lichtwege (Lightpaths), Johanniterkrankenhaus, Bonn (GER)
- 2014 Nel blu dipinto di blu, Sala Communale, Polignano a Mare (ITA)
- 2014 Una valigia dall’India, Circolo degli Artisti, Turin (ITA)
- 2015 Tutte le dimensioni della pace – Le strade della pace (All dimensions of peace – the roads of peace), Torre Normanna, Cisternino (ITA)
- 2015 Spuren aus Papier und Ton (Traces of paper and clay), Bürgerverein Rhöndorf, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2015 Flüchtlinge … (Refugees), Rathaus, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2016 Herbstfarben (Autumn Colours), Heimatstube, Bad Honnef- Rhöndorf (GER)
- 2017 Bilder einer Lebensreise, Haus an der Redoute, Bonn – Bad Godesberg (GER)
- 2018 Arte in Consolato: Le lettere ritrovate – Über die Zeit hinaus (Art in Consolate: Found letters – beyonf time), Italienisches Generalkonsulat, Cologne (GER)
- 2019 Lichtwege – Weltreligionen im Dialog mit Ostern (Lightpaths- Worldreligions in dialog with Easter), Ortsverein Rhöndorf, Bad Honnef (GER)
- 2020 Zu Ehren Beethovens – Eine Sammelausstellung (In Beethoven’s Honours – a group exhibition), Musikstudio und Galerie: Gabriele Paqué, Bonn (GER)
I am looking forward to your visit!
Note on parking!
Parking in Bonn-Poppelsdorf, about 10 minutes walk from Blücherstraße!
Current exhibition: Milena Kunz-Bijno – The years colorful dress
On Saturdays the gallery is open from 14:00 – 18:00.
By telephone arrangement, the exhibition can also be visited at other times.
Blücherstr. 14, 53115 Bonn, Germany